Environmental Research Agencies
The BC Oil and Gas Research and Innovation Society (BC OGRIS) is an independent organization intended to address knowledge gaps, inform environmental operational and health and safety policy and industry practices related to oil and gas exploration and development. BC OGRIS funds research projects under the following categories:
Environmental research projects related to:
- Methane and Climate Change
Engineering and Safety Research related to:
- Wells, Facilities and other.
Indigenous Programs related to:
- Aboriginal Liaison Program (ALP)
- Indigenous Restoration (Pilot) Projects
- Petroleum and Natural Gas (PNG) Legacy Sites Restoration Program
- Treaty 8 Nations Restoration Fund
The University of British Columbia Energy and Environment Research Initiative (EERI) is a multidisciplinary research program that combines expertise in geology, physical and chemical hydrogeology, isotope geochemistry, microbiology and atmospheric sciences to advance understanding on the potential environmental risks posed by conventional and unconventional energy resource development.